Definition of supervision and coaching
- Supervision and coaching is a form of counselling serving the assurance and development of the quality of communication and cooperation in professional contexts.
- Supervisors and coaches work as freelance consultants and they implemented the concept of supervision as a stand-alone profession with standardised trainings, systems of quality assurance based on lively professional and scientific discussion and ethical codes all over Europe.
- Supervision primarily serves the development of individuals and organisations. It improves the professional lives of individuals regarding their roles in institutional contexts.
- Support in reflection and decision making processes concerning current professional issues
- Support in challenging and demanding professional situations and conflicts
- Clarification and processing of tasks, functions and roles
- Support in and handling of processes of change
- Innovative solutions for new challenges
- Prophylactic measures to avoid mobbing and burnout
- Counselling for people holding leading and management positions
- Impulses concerning the fulfilment of leading roles
- Development of personal performance
- Support in processes of change and problematic situations
- Support in personal career planning